Monday, July 16, 2007

Good morning to a new life of not smoking without Chantix

Benedryl seems to be helping with the itch and was probably responsible for actually sleeping through the night. I am still learning how to Blog. Signing in was a challenge this morning!! Talked with my hubby last night about continuing to live my life as a non smoker and encouraged him to try Chantix. He seemed open to the idea. Regardless, I will not smoke! I am interested to read about how Stan dealt with the itch and how it was to come off of Chantix. Before smoking, I was a swimmer. Seems like exercising is a great outlet. I am going to reward myself by signing up for a swim class at the nearby community college and hope that this will also grant me access to the pool to swim laps. Quitting smoking is so liberating!!! Funny how I used to view cigarettes as a crutch and a treat! Smoking closes so many doors......quitting seems to open up many windows of opprotunites, connections, fresh air...........DEFINATELY WORTH THE HARD WORK! Got to get a move on my day! One foot after the other...

6 comments:

maggie said...

Good for you, Linda! Having your husband quit at the same time should make it easier for both of you, so that's awesome. Were you able to find the link to Stan's blog over on mine? I would also love to add your blog to the list if that's OK with you.

Keep going. You are doing great, and swimming sounds like the perfect reward!

Ellie said...

Hi Linda,

Sending you good thoughts and hope the itching is resolving.

I was a swimmer too, back in the day, and I'm looking forward to starting up again when I can actually complete a few strokes without gasping. It's funny, I seem to do fine with running, but in the water I can really feel the damage to my lungs.

Anyway, keep up the great work. Those of us a ways behind you (I just finished day two on Chantix) take heart from your success.

Konstantin said...

Ellie, I also feel the damage to my lungs much more in my lungs. I think maybe it has to do with the pressure maybe that the water exerts over our chest? :) Either way, with little time I think you'll be back swimming like a pro!

Tracee Sioux, Sioux Ink: Soul Purpose Publishing said...

You're right, smoking is limiting. But, now all kinds of doors are wide open and now that you know you can handle this really big thing - you are more aware of your power to handle pretty much anything. For more suport visit the support group over at Blog Fabulous.

Tracee Sioux
BlogFabulous on Chantix
http://www.blogfabulous.com/chantix

So Sioux Me on Addiction Off
http://traceesioux.blogspot.com/2007/07/addiction-off.html

maggie said...

Hi, Linda! I'm just stopping by to say hi and see how things are going. How did the move off of Chantix treat you?

Anonymous said...

We at Chantixonline, are available to you 24X7 and suggest you to keep yourself permanently away from the dangerous addiction of ‘nicotine’ by having regular dosage of worldwide acclaimed Pfizer medicine named “Chantix”. To keep yourself updated about the harm causes by ‘nicotine’ to your body and about the ultimate cure of it, then please login to http://www.chantixonline.com .