Sunday, July 15, 2007

May have to quit Chantix....still committed to quit smoking

This morning's dose of Chantix was the end of week five. I admit to smoking a few while on Chantix. Despite my slilps, I continued to take my Chantix and have been blown away by how helpful this drug has been for me. Due to allergic reactions, I am no longer able to take Chantix anymore. I am motivated to completely abstain from smoking and have a feeling that the toughest part of the fight to quit (without Chantix) is about to REALLY begin. My side effects that I am no longer able to handle are lack of sleep and severe itching (now covering every inch of my body) I still think Chantix is AWESOME and realize that I am one of few who has this itching side effect. Other side effects that I had seemed to dissipate or to become less frequent over time. The itching just continued to worsen. I hope that the itching will subside quickly now that I am no longer taking the Chantix. For now, Benedryl helps some. I am anxious to talk to my doctor in the morning. On a brighter note, I am proud of how far I have come and feel more committed to my quit.

1 comment:

ADenes said...

I have the itching too. It's awful. Makes me mad that everybody tries to tell me, "Oh...just quit." and then they try to give me stuff but nothing is working or I'm alergic to it...THEY NEED TO MAKE A PRODUCT THAT WORKS FOR PEOPLE LIKE ME. How long after you dcd the Chantix did the itching stop?